Dental Practice Sales
The dental industry is very active. We here at Cohen Law Firm recognize that most dentists need help in the field of law, particularly when it comes to dental practice sales. Dentists are selling their practice and soon realize that it’s not as easy as turning over the paperwork to the buyer. The same thing applies on the buyer side. It’s not just a matter of writing a check.
Getting the Protection Needed
Both parties need to be protected. Both the buyer and the seller have interests to protect. Of course, the dentist selling his practice wants a hassle-free transition and he wants to get the most out of the practice that he’s selling. On the other hand, the buyer wants to make sure that he’s not buying headaches together with the practice.
We’ve witnessed parties taking matters to court just because they didn’t get a firm that focuses on dental practice sales. This is what we’re looking to avoid. There’s a reason why you want to buy or sell a dental practice and that’s not to go to court. This is why you need to be protected.
Services that You Need
You’ll be surprised to know that a law firm like Cohen Law Firm can help you in so many ways when it comes to selling or buying a dental practice. Here are the services that you can take advantage of:
- Independent contractor agreements (review and negotiation)
- Incorporation of dentist entities
- Writing and reviewing of sale, title and lease documentations
- Maintenance of the non-profit organizations of the dentist
- Structuring of the practice’s interactions
- Workouts and restructurings
- Anything related to acquisition, development and financing
- Forming of LLCs and partnerships
- Negotiating of the joint venture and sale agreements
These are just some of the services that encompass dental practice sales but you can already see why it’s a must that you get legal representation for a streamlined transition.
Why Hire the Specialists?
A lot of dentists are unfortunately under the impression that they can just hire a law firm without taking their specializations into consideration. Let’s put it this way. If you’re looking to get divorced, you’re going to hire a divorce lawyer. If you’re charged with DUI, you’re going to hire a DUI lawyer. This is why it follows that if you’re looking to sell your practice, you have to hire a firm that focuses on dental practice sales.
Here are the benefits of hiring the specialists:
- They can help you sell your practice easily since they have access to interested buyers.
- They are experienced when it comes to putting together the paperwork needed for the sale.
- They’ll have your best interest in mind.
- They’ve embraced the industry as their own, so they know the ins and outs.
- They’ll know what to do so they won’t bug you with questions regarding your practice.
- They can help protect your interests as the seller.
- They can answer all of your questions from appraisal to the sale itself.
- They have built relationships with people that matter including but not limited to bankers, consultants, accountants, insurance agents and more.
What about Buyers?
Are you looking to join the lucrative dental practice industry? You have to know the right people in order to be presented with the best opportunities. As you’d probably imagine, there are a lot of factors that you have to consider. These include your budget, requirements, location, size of the practice, cash flow of the practice, existing customer base and more.
First of all, you need to get in touch with a licensed agent or broker that can help you be presented with the right opportunity. It’s a significant investment so you have to make sure that you’ll be grabbing the best opportunity for you. This is especially true if it’s always been a goal of yours to be in this industry.
Cohen Law Firm can present you with listings. The firm is trusted by sellers so there won’t be a shortage of investment opportunity for you. The listings are constantly updated to remove sold listings and add new ones so get in touch with the firm if you see a listing that you’re interested in.
The firm also has the experts needed to make the process as streamlined as possible. The firm is known to protect the interest of sellers, but it’s also known to protect the interest of the buyers as well.
Contact the Firm Now
The firm is a trusted name when it comes to dental practice sales. Contact the firm if you’re looking to buy or sell a dental practice.
Request a Quote